Disney is the studio that won on all fronts in terms of box office 2022, the site Deadlines reports that the study for the seventh consecutive year recorded the highest numbers both nationally and in the world. Disney grossed a total of $4.9 billion worldwide, with $2 billion domestic and another $2.9 billion overseas.
With 16 films released in theaters last year, Disney placed four of them both in the top 8 grossers at the U.S. box office, contributing approximately 27 percent market share nationwide, and among the top eight grossers globally. The titles in question are Avatar: The Way of Water, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, Doctor Strange in the multiverse of madness and Thor: Love and Thunder.
Meanwhile “Avatar: Lay Water”, James Cameron’s new blockbuster, has well surpassed the billion dollar mark at the international box office (1,483 billion) and continues its journey towards the two billion dollar mark, although some estimates state that for Cameron at Disney it would be enough to approach one and a half billion to close in the black. As reported by varietythe nationwide gross of “Avatar: Waterway” just passed Black Panther: Wakanda Forever with 440 million. If Cameron’s sequel continues to grind these figures it should be able to match 2 billion in total earnings setting a new record for Cameron.
“Avatar: Running Water” is currently traveling fast and is on its way to becoming one of the highest-grossing films of all time. Currently Cameron’s film has already passed Aavengers: Age of Ultron (1,403 billion) e Frozen II (1.45 billion).
With three more Avatar sequels in development, “Avatar: Water Run” needs to break some records to make the expensive production, which recently reached its break-even point, worthwhile. Returning to Disney and the highest grossing films of all time, let us remember that the studio produced Avatars (2.922 billion), Avengers: Endgame (2.797 billion), Star Wars 7 – The Force Awakens (2.069 billion) e Avengers: Infinity War (2.048 billion) and a stake in Titanic (2.201 billion), all films that occupy the first five places of the ranking of the highest receipts ever.
1. Avatars $2,922,917,914
2.Avengers: Endgame $2,797,501,328
3. Titanic $2,187,535,296
4. Star Wars: The Force Awakens $2,068,223,624
5.Avengers: Infinity War $2,048,359,754
6. Spider-Man: No Way Home $1,916,306,995
7. Jurassic World $1,671,537,444
8. The Lion King (Live Action) $1,656,943,394
9. The Avengers $1,518,812,988
10. Fast & Furious 7 $1,516,045,911
11. Top Gun: Maverick (movie still in theaters) $1,488,732,821
12. Avatar: The Water Run (movie still in theaters) $1,482,683,420
13. Frozen II $1,450,026,933
14.Avengers: Age of Ultron $1,402,809,540
15. Black Panther $1,347,280,838
16. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 $1,342,025,430
17. Star Wars: The Last Jedi $1,332,539,889
18. Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom $1,309,484,461
19. Frozen $1,290,000,000
20. Beauty and the Beast (live-action) $1,263,521,126