Gwyneth Paltrow was born in Los Angeles on September 27, 1972. He grew up in Santa Monica where he attended school, but then moved to New York to graduate in a private female school. She briefly studied art history at the University of California, Santa Barbara. She made her film debut at just 19 years old in the film Shoutwhere she stars alongside John Travolta and in the same year he obtained a minor role in the film of Steven Spielberg Hook – Captain Hook. Four years later she starred in the thriller David Fincher, Sevenwith Brad Pitt And Morgan Freeman but it is with his first leading role, in the film Emma (1996) – film adaptation of the novel of the same name by Jane Austen – which achieves real success. 1998 is a landmark year in the career of the actress: she takes part in the acclaimed film Sliding Doors by Peter Howitt, playing the unfortunate girl with double fate; she is at her side of Ethan Hawke, Robert DeNiro And Anne Bancroft in lost paradiseadapted from Big hopes from Charles Dickens; stars in costume drama Shakespeare in love with whose performance she earns an Oscar and a Golden Globe, which consecrate her to all intents and purposes as a great actress. After winning the prestigious statuette, Paltrow’s success diminished, but this did not prevent her from taking part in important projects destined to remain at the center of the common cinematic imagination.
In 1999 it was directed by Anthony Minghella neither Mr. Ripley’s talentwith Jude Law And Matt Damonwhile in 2001 she played the role of Margot Tenenbaum in the brilliant comedy of Wes Anderson, The Royal Lieutenants. The dramatic film is from 2005 Proof – The proof with which the actress gets her second Golden Globe nomination. In 2008 she began to be part of the big family of the Marvel Cinematic Universe acting as Pepper Potts, girlfriend of Tony Stark / Iron Man, in Iron Man. A role that resumes in the following ones Iron Man 2 (2010), The Avengers (2012), Iron Man 3 (2013), Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017), Avengers: Infinity War (2018) e Avengers: Endgame (2019). As for the TV series, to remember are her participation from 2010 to 2014 in glee and from 2019 y The Politician. In 2008 it launched its weekly newsletter goop – which deals with pseudoscientific subjects – whose success leads her to found the e-commerce company Goop.com and, in 2020, to publish her docuseries, The Goop Labdistributed on Netflix.
Gwyneth Paltrow is the director’s daughter Bruce Paltrow (of Ashkenazi and Judeo-Russian descent) and the actress Blythe Danner (a Quaker from the Pennsylvania community). The actress has a younger brother, Jake Paltrowprofessional director. As a child she professed the paternal Jewish religion, but also celebrated Christian holidays. As for her love life, Paltrow was engaged from 1997 to 2000 to Ben Affleck. In 2003 she got married Chris Martinthe leader of the Coldplaywith whom he had two children: Apple Blythe Alison Martinborn on 14 May 2004 in London, e Moses Bruce Anthony Martin, born on April 8, 2006 in New York. After ten years of marriage, the two announced their separation, officially divorcing in 2015. On September 29, 2018, the actress married the producer Brad Falchukdirector of American Horror Story with Ryan Murphy. They had met in 2010 on the set of the TV series glee and their engagement had been announced in January of 2018.
- 1991 – Shout (Jeffrey Hornaday film)
- 1991 – Hook – Captain Hook (Steven Spielberg film)
- 1993 – Malice – Suspicion (film by by Harold Becker)
- 1993 – Provincial homicides (film by Steve Kloves)
- 1994 – Mrs. Parker and the vicious circle (Alan Rudolph film)
- 1995 – Jefferson in Paris (film by James Ivory)
- 1995 – Seven (film by David Fincher)
- 1995 – Moonlight & Valentine (film by David Anspaugh)
- 1996 – Sydney (film by Paul Thomas Anderson)
- 1996 – Three friends, a wedding and a funeral (film by Matt Reeves)
- 1996 – Emma (Douglas McGrath film)
- 1998 – Sliding Doors (film by Peter Howitt)
- 1998 – lost paradise (film by Alfonso Cuaron)
- 1998 – Obsession (Jonathan Darby film)
- 1998 – Perfect crime (film by Andrew Davis)
- 1998 – Shakespeare in Love (John Madden film)
- 1999 – Mr. Ripley’s talent (film by Anthony Minghella)
- 2000 – Duets (Bruce Paltrow film)
- 2000 – Bounce (film by Don Roos)
- 2001 – Anniversary Party (film by Alan Cumming and Jennifer Jason Leigh)
- 2001 – The Royal Lieutenants (Wes Anderson film)
- 2001 – Love at first sight (film by Peter and Bobby Farrelly)
- 2002 – Austin Powers in Goldmember (Jay Roach film)
- 2002 – Possession – A romantic story (film by Neil LaBute)
- 2003 – A stewardess in the clouds (film by Bruno Barreto)
- 2003 – Sylvia (film by Christine Jeffs)
- 2004 – Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (film by Kerry Conran)
- 2005 – Proof – The proof (John Madden film)
- 2005 – Dealbreakers (short film by Gwyneth Paltrow)
- 2006 – Infamous – A very bad reputation (Douglas McGrath film)
- 2006 – Running with scissors in hand (Ryan Murphy film)
- 2007 – The Good Night (Jake Paltrow film)
- 2008 – Iron Man (film by Jon Favreau)
- 2008 – Two Lovers (James Gray film)
- 2008 – goop (newsletter)
- 2010 – Iron Man 2 (film by Jon Favreau)
- 2010 – Country Strong (Shana Feste movie)
- 2010-2014 – Glee (TV series)
- 2011 – Contagion (film by Steven Soderbergh)
- 2012 – The Avengers (Joss Whedon film)
- 2012 – (ir)resistible temptations (Stuart Blumberg film)
- 2012 – Iron Man 3 (Shane Black film)
- 2015 – Mortdecai (film by David Koepp)
- 2017 – Spider-Man: Homecoming (Jon Watts film)
- 2018 – Avengers: Infinity War (film by Anthony and Joe Russo)
- 2019 – Avengers: Endgame (film by Anthony and Joe Russo)
- 2019-ongoing – The Politician (TV series)
- 2020 – The Goop Lab with Gwyneth Paltrow (TV series)
Awards and recognitions
- 1999 – Academy Award for Best Actress for Shakespeare in Love
- 1999 – Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for Shakespeare in Love
- 1999 – MTV Movie Awards, Best Kiss (shared with Joseph Fiennes) for Shakespeare in Love
- 2011 – Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Television Series for Glee
What medical opinions of Gwyneth Paltrow have sparked negative comments?
Paltrow declares himself an anti-vaccinist and denier of the correlation between HIV and AIDS. On Goop.com he sells products and remedies typical of alternative medicine, promoting pseudoscientific therapies and practices, some of which are considered dangerous by the medical-scientific community.
What is the Netflix docu-series “The Goop Lab” about and how was it received?
The docu-series deals with pseudoscientific and alternative medicine topics. Critics said that giving Goop access to Netflix’s platform was a “victory for pseudoscience”.
What products does it sell specifically?
Paltrow has promoted therapies such as “vaginal steaming” and “vaginal weightlifting” using “vaginal eggs” for sale on Goop.com., for which the Food and Drug Administration has launched an investigation and imposed a fine of $145,000. Additionally, she sells “psychic vampire repellent,” “body vibes,” sticker labels that are supposed to “balance the energy and frequency in our bodies,” coffee enemas, and vaginal-scented scented candles.